Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fast v. Fun

Monday: 8 miles
Tuesday: 11 miles bike, 4 miles run; 35 miles bike very eay pace
Wednesday: 4 mile
Thursday: 20 mile bike very easy pace

I just got done riding with a women's group. It was a lot of fun. I am still freezing, though, enough that I can barely type. I enjoy riding so much, because it is so social for me. I love being able to talk to adults. A good conversation while on a ride is pretty hard to beat.

As much as I love to talk and ride, I have been a little anxious about my training. I haven't ridden hard yet on a Tuesday night ride. We have a big group ride on Tuesdays, and this is usually my "fast" ride. I haven't really rode fast yet, and was a little discouraged. I have had a lot of fun riding these rides though, and have meant some great people. There is always time to ride fast, but not always time to learn about another person. I need to remember this more often.

Tuesday was also my first brick work. Brick work is when you do more then one activity in a day. Usually, for me, it consists of riding and then running. I felt pretty good on the run. I don't even remember that rubber feeling of the legs that is usual for the first mile. Can't wait to do my next brick.

My baby is awake! Real quickly, I would like to celebrate meeting new people. Everyone has a unique story of how they started running (or exercise of choice), I love to hear them. I started running to lose weight. I remember telling myself in high school that I would never be out of shape, and definately never be fat. 10 years and three kids later, I was both. I didn't even realize how bad I was until I started exercising. My reasons evolved from there, and now I exercise for sanity, for control, for improvement, and for many more reasons. What motivated you to start running?

No comments:

Post a Comment