Thursday, June 17, 2010

One may go a long way after one is tired.
French Proverb
Wednesday: 6 1/2-7 miles
I almost missed a great run last night. It got to be 8:30, and I was tired. I decided to run for awhile, thinking I would have my husband pick me up if the weather turned worse. He suggested instead I run at the track, which I did. I hate running on the track when I have further than 4 miles, it just seems like forever. Anyway, the first three miles were brutal. Finally, on lap 13, my muscles loosened and my lungs opened, and I could run. Just goes to show, sometimes, you have to run further to make it easier. Seems so backwards, that running more will make that run that day easier, but it is true. (Did that even make sense?) I ended up running a mile further than I first planned. I love those days. I even run fast the last 800.

I don't have anymore time, I have things to accomplish. I will expand on the following quote later. Kind of ironic, isn't it.

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something
stand in the way of your doing it.
The time will pass anyway;
we might just as well put that passing time
to the best possible use.
Earl Nightingale.

1 comment:

  1. oh, nice quote. Loved it! Your post made total sense. The first mile and half is my hardest and then I could run forever - well forever until my wobbly legs trip over a pebble and I fall kind of forever.

    ReplyDelete