Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Amazing

Distance: 2 mile warm up -10/2lap fast walk one-10 laps
Time: around 45 minutes
Weather: Windy-did not run outside at all

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.
Change the way you look at things,
and the things you look at will change.
Stop telling God how big your storm is,
start telling your storm how big God is.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today,
it is already tomorrow in Australia.
Charles Shulz
I just found this quote on a primary music group I belong to. What strong words. Many days I need to remember these words.

Today I ran. I was doing speed work and one of my friends said, "Amazing" as I ran by. This is the same friend who I mentioned before had just started running and should celebrate. I thought about it, and decided it was amazing, but no more amazing than her accomplishment. Our school's theme this year is "Where amazing happens." I am witnessing amazing every day and it feels great. I get up in the mornings way too early for me (an amazing feat in itself ) and run. I guess I should change the way I look at things, as the quote says, and think about the fact that it isn't really early. In fact, in Australia, it is quite late. Tomorrow is already here and I'm ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment