Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tomorrow

I didn't run at all today, I only lifted. My little one needed attention before I could leave, so by the time I got to the gym, I only had 30 minutes. I lifted hard, but not long. There are more important things in life than running. I think I will celebrate motherhood today. There is no better or harder job than being a mother. It is as frustrating as it is rewarding. It is as hard as it is wonderful. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. My husband said today "you get to do what you want all day" (he was teasing me, I am a stay-at-home mom). As I thought about it, he is right, I am doing what I want all day. I love being a mom. Some days I feel like I am worthless, but I hope down the road, the rewards will be worth it. As for running, I am certainly glad there is always tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Melanie -
    I love reading your blog. Today is my first time. There are more important things than running -- and there is no harder job than being a mother -- all the worrying and taking care of everyone. How on Earth do you find your motivation to run? I admire you for your determination Melanie. :D Nate is lucky.

    ReplyDelete