Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Friends

Distance: To and From School 3 miles on track

Time: ?

Weather: Mid 20's felt really nice when I walked outside this morning.

I ended up running farther than planned this morning, and all outside. Usually the janitor shows up a few minutes after six, so I decided to run on the track. By six-thirty, the janitor was still not there. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we usually lift, so I was going to warm up with two miles anyway (however, I imagined I would be running in the warmth of the gym). About lap seven, my lifting partner gave up waiting and went home. When I got done with two miles, I was ready to be done and go home too. Just as I was coming around the last turn on what I thought to be my last lap, my neighbor, and very good friend showed up. Friends are great aren't they. Seems they always show up just when you need them. Because of her, I ran four more laps before the gym opened and I could lift weights.

I said yesterday we all need a reason to celebrate each day. Today I celebrate my friends. I have wonderful friends that help me survive life. Some friends I lift, run, or ride with, and others I just hang out and laugh or cry with. Without them I would be worse off by far. Thank you for your help. Thank you for your friendship. I love you all.

1 comment: