Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fighting the Wind

Yesterday I fought the wind. I am telling you, it was a knock down, drag out, fight to the very end. But, in the end, I came out on top! Seriously, I was riding my bike in the absolute stongest wind I have ever ridden in yesterday. I could only go downhill like 13 mph...and that was pushing really, really hard. I almost decided it wasn't worth it, but then realized, this was one of those rare chances I had to prove to myself that I could do things I never really thought possible. I can do hard things! After the trial comes the reward, and when I turned around to go back up the hill, the wind was at my back. No kidding, I reached 30 mph going back up the hill! Hard work does pay off.

Today I celebrate the wind. My friend always says, "I love the wind, it makes me strong." I am feeling that today, and I guess I better really embrace this mantra, because I don't think the wind is letting up any time soon. (Gusts up to 50 mph expected today!) I love the wind, it makes me strong!

1 comment:

  1. I highly enjoy outdoor activities. They require lots of energy, but give you great pleasure! To provide my body with enough energy I am taking dietary supplements which were developed to enhance physical capacities of soldiers under the extreme conditions. These are special pre-workout supplements by Military Grade. They work perfect - just pure energy, right when I need it most. These products make me feel excellent; I often train outdoors, despite the weather. When your body is toned and your muscles prepared to work hard, you will never get blown with the wind!

    ReplyDelete