Monday, May 16, 2011

My Secret Love Affair

100 miles! This has been a goal of mine every year since I started riding. However, I have yet to accomplish it, until now. I remember one New Year's Eve someone saying thier goal was to ride 100 miles in the summer. Most people thought that was a pretty lofty goal. I just rode 100 miles in a day, and I feel great! My body amazes me.

I must admit, 100 miles on a bike is nothing like 26 miles running. Maybe it is because in my marathon, I rested little, and was focused on time. This ride was totally for fun. We stopped at aide stations every 15 miles and joked, ate, and laughed. Our area has an amazing biking community, with some of the greatest people I know. Each week, people from this group help me become a better rider. Today I celebrate summer. I love summer. I love running and riding with my friends. I love going out at 5:30 in the morning to swim or ride. Summer, I am glad you have come back to me. My love for you has picked up right where it left off. Please stay much, much longer. I am so much happier when you are around.

I am looking for inspiration. What have you done that amazes you? What and who have helped you the most to become amazing?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed. Nice job! I can't even imagine 100 miles! You should feel so proud! What have I done that amazes me? I ran 12 miles a couple weeks ago. Twelve miles. Never in my life have I done that. What and who helps me? Training and my friend Stephanie who picks me up everyday to run and watches my little girl to I have time for my long run. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete