Monday, May 23, 2011

Keeping the Pace

It was last Wednesday I found out about the ride I will be participating in two weeks from now. Of course, I did what I always do, go crazy right from the start. Thursday I rode 30 miles (15 uphill), Friday I rode 20 (6 uphill), then ran 4, and Saturday I rode 40ish (20 uphill). I don't know how I will keep up with that this week. I wish I knew when, or how, to pace myself. How much is too much, how little is too little? Also, how do I get the miles in on the bike, while still getting miles in running. I train for triathlons and manage, but this is entirely different. Luckily, the race is only 12 days away so I don't have to worry long. I always seem to do better if I only have a couple weeks to train anyway. I don't burn myself out that way. The one good thing I got from last week is, I can ride a lot of miles back to back....therefore, I have some confidence. Now to do those miles and those hills in one day. Ideas about pacing would be greatly appreciated.


Today I celebrate flowers. They brighten my day and smell great. What more can I say. I can't wait to see them, and smell them as I run today. Life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment