Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Time for Time

What has gotten into me? These last two days I have actually ran somewhat faster. It has been a long time since I have actually felt strong. I still have a ways to go before I am back down to my goal pace, but I'll take it. Maybe that ride gave me confidence. I haven't taken a watch with me on my runs for a long time. When I first started running, I took my watch every time I ran and worked to run better ever time. I don't think this was ideal, and it made me dread running sometimes. Then, I started running without the watch at all. I became slower and slower. I know I need a somewhere in between. I will take my watch a lot more often then I have, just to keep myself honest. What do you do to keep yourself honest in exercise or just in life?

Today I will celebrate time. Sometimes when I run, I think to myself, " I will never get this minute back. Don't waste it." I waste too much time in my life, yet there are some eternal truths about time. It is always moving, stopping for noone. There is never enough of it and it leaves you always wanting more. It can make the strong weak, and the weak strong. It is always moving forward, never looking back. But in the end, time can help you forget the bad and remember only the good, it can heal old wounds, and it can make a sinner look like a saint. It is only what you make of it. I hope to make every second count.


Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something


stand in the way of your doing it.


The time will pass anyway;


we might just as well put that passing time


to the best possible use.


Earl Nightengale

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually wasting time right this minute. I just have no motivation today. I'm sure it will come back with the sunshine. I think I'll go make a list so I don't lose the time (semi - kid free) I do have :) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete